Monday

Tifa Hate, The Kanji for Outside (I just like how it looks pfffht) & The lovely inventor Flint

0712.10

Baaaah. It's been kind of blah today.
My saddness from last week is probably coming back to haunt me.

I keep telling myself it's summer and I can basically do anything I want... but then I think too far ahead to college, get worried, and petrify myself... It's also really hot, which doesn't help.

I found a handy button in FF7. The "select" button highlights all the "usable" objects in the room, like stairs and visible items. Although it does not show "hidden" items or "puzzles." For instance, when I had to move some trains around, it didn't mark then when I pressed "Select." It was part of passing the area though. If they highlighted everything for you, it'd be too easy, but at least it helps with having to deal with not-so-clear graphics.

I also found out I sort of cheated myself on Cloud's Dress part - there's a lot more things you can go through in order to get Corneo /TO/ pick Cloud for the night. I only got the dress and wig, but there's cologne, make-up, and a tiara you can get. Whoops. Missed that BL opportunity.
Although... Corneo is super ugly and disgusting.

I have to say I also miss when save points would restore your whole party to full health...

So without going through the story, today I had to fight Reno, and Tifa kept dying. I swear, I think having Tifa and Barret in my party just serves to highlight how much better Cloud is than them. Cloud has the most MP and attack power out of both of them right now. Heck, I kind of wish Tifa could stay KO'd and Barret would stay with Marlene (his daughter) and fuss over her.

DERP.


Oh and Aeris gets stolen.
She's the direct decedent of an ancient. Good for her.

I watched Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs today, which was a movie that had originally come out on my Birthday. Flint (the main character) is very lovable. HE WAS ADORABLE AS A KID. I became very attached to him, and at the end of the movie, my eyes started stinging with tears. I could really relate to Flint, and his situation. His dad too - that really got me.
It was pretty cool to find out that Baby (lawl) Brent was voiced by Andy Samberg and the black cop man was voiced by Mr. T. (And Will Forte had his voice in the movie too! It was like a mini-SNL party) They really did an awesome job. I was surprised at some parts with the stereotypes and when they "pied" Mount Rushmore. But hey, I laughed. America can make fun of itself.

Next?

Btw, まさか means "by no means, never." I have wondered this forever.

5 Kanji Corner ------------------------------------------------------
***DISCLAIMER:: I AM NOT AN EXPERT.
I AM 3 & 1/2 YEARS BOOK TAUGHT.
THIS IS FOR MY OWN REVIEW, BUT I JUST THOUGHT I'D SHARE.

(((    ))) 
Early, quick (but /not/ in the sense of "A car is fast.")
ソウ・はや(い)
Impatient: きばや(気早)
Early, all in good time: はやばや(早々)

(((  )))  
Heavy
ジュウ・おも(い)
Weight: おもさ(重)
One layer: ひとえ(一重)
Emphasis: おもみ(重味)
 
(((  ))) 
To enter 
ニュウ・はい(る)・い(る)
To be hospitalized: にゅういんする(入院する)
Repairs, maintenance: ていれ(手入れ)
To gaze at: みいる(見入る)

(((  ))) 
Warm
ダン・あたた(かい)
Warmth: おんだん(温暖)

(((   )))
Outside, other
ガイ・そと・ほか・はず(す)
Surprising, unexpected: いがい(意外)
Foreign country: がいこく(外国)


A Dose of Boy Love ------------------------------------------------------

Today - Touch Blue!
I actually managed to find this manga at Book Off in Japan. :]
Of course, I had read it online before that, but now I have the original!




Gif TIEM! ------------------------------------------------------

Flint is so amazing.

(Feel free to save them to your computer :D
No hot-linking please!
It will crash my photobucket account.)
((Yes, I made these myself by recording video and then using an animation program to convert them to gifs.
I do not own the people, characters, or shows. Rights go to Sony Pictures and Cloudy w/ a Chance of Meatballs))








( ゚▽゚)
-ハムウ

No comments:

Post a Comment