Saturday

Cloud's Eyes, The Kanji for "Evening" & Jonas lawlz

0710.10

Hello again, everyone. :]
I've decided I'm going to make this an all-encompassing blog.
So that means it's just going to be about everything - not just TM.
I think it would be cool if I could keep up with this blog in college just so I have a place to put my thoughts. I've had a paper diary for awhile, but it's hard to write in sometimes, because I can think a heck of a lot faster than I can write,
but typing is a little more up to speed.

I downloaded FF7 on my PS3 two days ago. So far it's interesting,
but I feel like I'm going backwards (... maybe because I am).
I've heard so much about FF7 over the years (after all it's been 13...)
and I've seen Advent Children (which is definitely making more sense to me now).
Only now am I piecing it all together.
& I finally found out why Cloud has such spectacular eyes -
Mako.
I didn't know what that was until now. But I get it.
Although it's kind of bad Cloud was exposed to Mako,
if it makes his eyes pretty, then HECK YEAH.
It actually kind of reminds me of lithium in Dragon Age Origins - on first impression -
Of course, I still don't know much about the story.
I'm only at the part right after Cloud meets Aeris in the church and Reno shows up with the turks (I finally know who the turks are too. I gain a knowledge level for that).
((By the way, everytime I play FF7 on the TV it feels like I'm playing it on my DS instead. The graphics are at a DS level anyways. Actually.. a little below that. Oh dear.))

The default controls really messed me up though. "X" was used to run, and was the "back button" while"O" was the affirmative button, like how "X" is normally.
I was a little irritated at the game for being set up that way, but I figured out how to change the settings today and switched the two buttons back to normal. Or... what I consider to be normal.

Which.. back to Aeris.
She seems like she might be a sort of an okay character, but I still don't like her. Seconds after Cloud introduced himself she was already trying to get a date with him. I don't think she deserves Cloud. Because I'm possessive. After all I do have 5 figurines of him and a wallscroll of his face in my room (they are wonderful things...)... But maybe it's also because I just can't see Cloud belonging to /anyone/.

As for my impressions of the characters...
Barret is really too angry and defensive...
although Square Enix does crack me up with its use of "@!*#$!" whenever Barret is going to drop the f-bomb. I haven't seen that move since comic books.
Tifa is just... no change in how I view her. Still hate her. She's all "OMG CLOUD.. OMG HOW ARE YOU? WHAT'S WRONG?" Seriously, I'm voting that Cloud have zero love interests, because I'm not seeing any good ones.

Now on to other things...
I finally got my AP scores in the mail today.
I managed to get 1 point above what I wanted & needed on both my exams -
A 4 on both AP Japanese and AP Calculus AB!!! (Yes, this deserves 3 exclamations. It's srs bsns.)
I was very pleased, since now I don't have to take math in college,
and I can official start from Intermediate Japanese, instead of Beginner.

I also have to apologize for not having many gifs today...
I was trying to find a file I had downloaded with Noctis and Stella talking - and their voices.
I can find the /video/ everywhere, but I can't find the video where they actually have their Japanese voices. I miss that file so much. I probably deleted it when I was hastily organizing files. Ahhh...

Onward.

5 Kanji Corner ------------------------------------------------------
***DISCLAIMER:: I AM NOT AN EXPERT.
I AM 3 & 1/2 YEARS BOOK TAUGHT.
THIS IS FOR MY OWN REVIEW, BUT I JUST THOUGHT I'D SHARE.

(((   ))) 
New
シン・あたらし(い)
New: あたらしい(新しい)
Newspaper: しんぶん(新聞)
An old, but unused thing: しんこ(新古)
Reform, remodeling, complete change: いっしん(一新)

(((  )))  
Evening
バン
Evening: ばん(晩)
 
(((  ))) 
Road, way 
ドウ・みち
Tea Ceremony: さどう(茶道)
Honest, straightforward: じみち(地道)
Reason, truth: どうり(道理)

(((  ))) 
To go
アン・ギョウ・コウ・い(き)・い(く)・おこな(う)
Bank: ぎんこう(銀行)
Fashion, fad: はやり(流行り)
Walk: ほこう(歩行)
Descending: かこう(下行)

(((  )))
(Oh wow, just yesterday Hamhamkun on TM told me this kanji was in his name,
And I happened to pull it from my huge stack! o-o) 
Amoung, between, within, home
ダイ・ナイ・うち
Shyness: うちき(内気)
Wife: かない(家内)

A Dose of Boy Love ------------------------------------------------------

Probably my most favorite guys of all time -
Kodaka and Yasaka.
Wonderful.
It completey makes sense how they become models.
I mean /look at them/.
It's like a party in my eyes.




Gif TIEM! ------------------------------------------------------

For you.

(Feel free to save them to your computer :D
No hot-linking please!
It will crash my photobucket account.)
((Yes, I made these myself by recording video and then using an animation program to convert them to gifs.
I do not own the people, characters, or shows. Rights go to SNL, Dwayne Johnson, The Jonas Brothers (who are actually surprisingly funny... Check out "Cherub Bootcamp from Night at the Museum 2), & Comedy Central's Adam Ferrara))









Leave a comment on my TM Diary
& I'll coin you.
( ゚▽゚)
-ハムウ

No comments:

Post a Comment